Saturday, March 31, 2012

Front wood of flower press
Back wood of flower press

Years ago I had a flower press, but I have no idea what happened to it and it was small.  It could only do little teeny flowers.  So, I decided to make a new one, bigger and to my own specifications and more personalized.   I've been working on this flower press for the past 2 days.  I had some help from my husband.  He cut 2 pieces of wood for me and a bunch of cardboard the same size as the wood from some boxes.  I spray painted the wood yesterday after work.  I painted on piece pink and the other blue.  Today, I painted some flowers on the pieces of wood.  I pulled out some absorbent paper (2 sheets to go between each piece of cardboard).  Tomorrow, I'll drill a hole in each of the 4 corners.  In each hole, goes a screw that goes through all layers of wood, cardboard and paper and a wing nut fastener.    When I have those holes drilled, I can spray the clear fixative spray over my boards to protect the flower paintings.  The idea is to use the wing nut screws to tighten the flower press over the flowers to dry them out and press them.  If you need step by step instructions, here is a good website to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment